French Disney weekly

Henri Mathurin thierrypaulin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 00:50:18 CEST 2004

Since 2000, the French Disney publications are falling
and falling and it seems this is unstopable.

I think France will become like America where video
games will take over most comics (especially Disney
ones). Here are the recent figures:

http://www.diffusion-controle.com/fr/adhchif/chif_fiche.php?adhid=504

Droped from 200,000 to 150,000 in 4 years. I think
this is also due to the horrible editorial concept,
which is to avoid comics for articles about music or
cinema or stars that you find in teen magazines.

Recent French issues don't show Disney characters on
their covers, and almost as much non-Disney comics
than Disney comics.