[Off Topic] I'd need help from a French member

Jano Rohleder jano.rohleder at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 21:59:15 CET 2004

Hi together,

this message is directed towards the French and Canadian DCML-members (and
anyone who speaks perfectly French).
It would be great if someone could tell me (in some French headwords
or -sentences would be the best) what the following text says about Quebec.
That could be information on landscape, culture, climate, people, etc.
It's a very difficult text and even after five and a half years of French
learning in school I don't understand much. I already found out that it's
very snowy and that the author (or the protagonist) thinks that the Quebecan
(is that the word?) interest for education isn't very high.

Here is the link: http://donrosa.free.fr/off-topic/text/

To give a better overview, I scanned the text in 10 small parts,
nevertheless it's not a very long text (especially if you understand what it
says ;-)).
It would be very great if someone could help me. In that case, please
contact me directly (not over DCML).

Thanks in advance and best wishes
Jano