Comic Magazines (Literally!)

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 22:55:20 CET 2004

Hoy Murphy wrote:

> Since being let go as an editor at DC Comics, Heidi MacDonald has been
> writing a weekly column for the Comics Buyers Guide and reports for the
> online comics news site "The Pulse" at http://www.comicon.com/pulse/

The Comics Buyers Guide must be where I saw her name. I occasionally browse
through it, but I don't think it's worth its $4 price tag. (I think it costs
$4, anyway.)

Speaking of comic book-themed magazines, though, I think "The Comics Journal"
is probably the best out there, despite undeniably pompous overtones.
Gemstone's own "Comic Book Marketplace" is high quality as far as the publishing
goes, but I don't think the writing is as strong as the Journal's. (At least fom
what I've seen.)

Did anyone read Don Markstein's article regarding Disney comics in an issue
of "Comic Book Marketplace" this summer? I thought it was great.
--

                           "Itinerant Penguin Jedi"
                          Reply to - danehog at aol.com