Miky Mysterio/Mickey Mystery

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Sun Jul 4 14:01:12 CEST 2004

Derek Smith wrote:

> I've been reading at Arthur's DCW about Miky Mysterio [...]

The Mickey Mystery stories were made in Denmark in the early '90s,
written by Bob Langhans, Elizabeth Rowe, Janet Gilbert, Stefan Petrucha,
Dave Rawson etc. Artists were Joaquín, Miguel, Xavi, Cardona, Bancells
and the Jaime Diaz Studio. You can find a list of the stories here:

http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/comp2.php?
lg=0&default_o=1&ser=Mickey+Mystery

> And to all DCMLers who have read stories from Miky Mysterio and X
> Mickey, what did you think of them?

I've never seen a single panel from X Mickey, so I can't comment on that
series. (Although it does sound interesting...) I remember being pretty
impressed by the Mickey Mystery book back when, to the point that I
tried to start up a complete collection. Sadly, distribution of it was
unreliable in my area, and after missing out on several issues I dropped
it.

Still, as I remember it, the stories were perfectly fine Mouse stories,
as long as you like Mickey in the role of tough detective. Don't go
looking for, say, the fun of the 1930s Gottfredson strip. And, if I
remember correctly... Be prepared to see the Phantom Blot horribly
miscast as a wanna-be conqueror of the world!

Lars