Miky Mysterio/Mickey Mystery

Miguel Fernandez miguelf at airtel.net
Mon Jul 5 14:19:37 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Jensen" <lpj at forfatter.dk>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 2:01 PM
Subject: Miky Mysterio/Mickey Mystery

The Mickey Mystery stories were made in Denmark in the early '90s,
written by Bob Langhans, Elizabeth Rowe, Janet Gilbert, Stefan Petrucha,
Dave Rawson etc. Artists were Joaquín, Miguel, Xavi, Cardona, Bancells
and the Jaime Diaz Studio. You can find a list of the stories here:

Yes Lars, you’re right, thanks...

We really enjoied that production, especially the ‘film noir’ atmosphere,
some of the stories were really great, and full of mystery! At that time,
Joaquin and me were workin’ at our studio, and we had some good times with
the Mystery series... Some of the scripts were fantastic; I still recall
some great stories: The Caller, The Fireman, The Roman Puzzle... Attractive
plots and surprising finals... and a lot of text! ;-)

Now some funny ‘backstage’ story: It was so fun to follow the plot and try
to guess who on earth was the guilty, that I used to take a fast look to the
whole script just to check the different characters and environments, but I
never didn’t wanted to read the final part, so, most of times I was workin’
on the script wonderin’ who the guilty was, trying to find it out by
myself... Too bad a few times I had to go back just to rearrange somethin’!
I specially remember The Hooded Eagle... There were a lot of suspicious
characters appearing all along the story... Finally, the ‘bad one’ begun to
take off mask after mask... I think that man was wearing seven masks at
time, a kind of human onion, the hard part was to go back on the whole story
to rearrange all those characters, I designed all of them with different
physical constitutions and body shapes.... Drat! Amazing end! Pretty good
lesson for an artist, you know!

I think Mickey Mystery was a great series, let’s hope someday they decide to
restart it again...! I think there were a lot of fans in some countries...

MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ

Ps.- I hope I did it right, it’s just the first time I try to write here,
although I like to read all posts daily...