A question of communication + Re: DCML Digest, Vol 17, Issue 19

Olaf Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Tue Jul 20 13:46:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

can someone help me figuring out this: How does Gyro and Helper
communicate?

In stories where Helper has something to say to Gyro (or others), what
does he do? Does he write, mime ... does he just think of what is correct,
use a little body language and Gyro amazingly as if using telepathy
understands him ("Bzzt! Bzzt!" "Oh, I didn't think of that. Yes, you're
right, I should replace those screws with bigger ones")? Or is the normal
situation that Gyro doesn't understand what Helper's trying to say at all?

Lars:

> He seems like a standard "journalist with no
> morals" to me. Is it just a coincidence that
> he hasn't been used much the last many decades?
> Does anybody out there know? Anybody?

I guess he was made in a time era when story writers "around the world",
uhm, I mean in USA, didn't really care about what the Italians did. But
that doesn't explain why Italian publishers didn't make more
Gatto-stories, so ... perhaps we should still look forward to new stories?