Buying Comics in Paris

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jun 21 18:00:07 CEST 2004

Hi Joachim!

An endangered species from the looks of it. Franois has disappeared, and
Gilles hasn't posted for several months (almost a year?). Didider does post
from titme to time. Are you French or Belgian or Swiss or Canada from yet
another country, Jean-Marc?

Unfortunately, though I am Parisian, I don't kno many such places as I never
buy anything second-hand. I know there's a little bookstore with lots of
old Mickey Parade issues, Rue Dante (5ème arrondissement).
The closest metro station is Cluny-La Sorbonne-- the Rue St Jacques exit;
when you get out at the crossroads, there are two streets on your left (sort
of a fork); it's the second one.
Going down the street, you will reach the Seine, along whch are many
"bouquinistes", who sell all sorts of  old books; I remember seeing some
Disney magazines.
Right next to this metro exit, you will see Album, which sells bandes
dessinées of  all sorts.
If  you get out the other exit (looking away from the abbey), there's Le
Boulimire (red store), which also sells bandes dessinées and second-hand
books.

Have a nice stay in Paris! :)

Olivier