Old vs. New

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Thu May 13 12:55:49 CEST 2004

In a message dated 5/13/2004 6:29:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JTorci3511 at aol.com writes:
<<DC Comics does not reprint old Mort Weisinger era stories in SUPERMAN, nor
does it run Julius Schwartz edited stories in GREEN LANTERN.  For better
(...or sometimes worse), DC continues to break new ground in its periodical titles.
 Why would we ask differently of Gemstone? >>

Because we expect better comics from Gemstone than from DC or Marvel?

The only reason I mentioned USA reprints is that I know that those stories
are readable -- I have most of them.  You must be right  that there are good
Mouse stories being produced now --
but frankly, I am reading about 2 pages in these current Gemstone Mouse
stories, and then putting them down-- i can not finish them ( with the exception
that as bad as the soccer stories are, I can at least read them-).

I no longer read DC and Marvel superhero comics (except their reprints and
yes, i buy most of DC's humor comics) - having bought Mickey Mouse comics for
almost 40 years  (the years they were being published)--I would like to continue
to buy them....
... but I dont have to buy them, and if I cant find something to read in
them, then the smartest thing for me to do is to stop......
... being an optimist, i plan to give them a few more months ....
but am starting to resign myself to being new Mickey-less.....

steven rowe