A self-correction

Daniel J. Neyer jerryblake2 at juno.com
Fri May 14 22:46:27 CEST 2004

In my earlier mailing, I think I gave a wrong impression when I said I'd
like Gemstone's comics to be 50% reprints.  Actually, the
re-re-reprinting of tales like BACK TO THE KLONDIKE and ONLY A POOR OLD
MAN bothers me nearly as much as the fantasy Mickeys etc. The reprints
I'd like to see are stories that have never been reissued since their
first printing--for instance, some of Barks' later Scrooge adventures
like CASE OF THE STICKY MONEY, DOOM DIAMOND and CATTLE KING. And, of
course, the number one thing I'd like to see would be unreprinted
Gottfredson adventures like MICKEY MOUSE AND HIS HORSE TANGLEFOOT, MICKEY
IN THE FOREIGN LEGION, MICKEY MOUSE MIGHTY WHALE HUNTER, and so forth. It
used to drive me crazy in Gladstone's second run when all the published
Gottfredson Mickey tales--without fail--were ones already printed in
albums.

(Gary, if you use my earlier comment, please print this "clarification"
as well. Thanks.)