First to name Duckburg

Richard lerichard at free.fr
Sun Nov 7 16:31:07 CET 2004

Le samedi 6 Novembre 2004 19:00, Rob Klein a écrit :

>I can't find any evidence that Duckburg was mentioned by Taliaferro before
>Barks.

In most strip, Donald's city is refered to as just "city" or "town", also
"homeville" (1938 September 3), "Centerville" (1939 March 17).
The only city name I found is "Hickville" that can be seen in the August 3,
1938 strip.

Frank:
>Donald didn't live in Duckburg until the 1950s...
>I just found the name being mentioned in two Barks stories of the late
>1940s: "The Golden Christmas Tree" and "Letter To Santa".

I agree; the name was established in the late 40s. Before that, it was in the
"undecided" phase.

--
I'm not reading mails sent to lerichard at free.fr anymore. To contact me use
f-wi at induREMOVE.also.THIScks (remove the hyphen and add ".org").