DCML Digest Issue 10

donrosa@iglou.com donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Oct 11 21:25:12 CEST 2004

> From: "Mickey" <mickey at iol.it>
> Subject: Lo$ Italian Reprint
> Mister Rosa,
> have you seen the latest reprint of your Life and Times here in Italy,

No, I have not seen it, I know nothing about it, I was not contacted by
the publishers, whoever they are, about the use of my name or my
signature or my texts (if they are mine... sometimes they print texts
that they attribute to me with my signature but which I did not
contribute or authorize), or about whether they have the correct material
or not. The last Italian book of my Lo$ used lots of unauthorized
material, wrong versions of the art, and included, with no
explanation, "The Dutchman's Secret" which has nothing to do with the Lo$
other than making a one-panel reference to something that happened in
$crooge's past life, as do dozens or hundreds of other stories. The only
thing I know about this book is that our friend Luca Boschi told/warned
me it was on the way. Well, on the bright side, si, it will introduce
many new readers to Zio Paperone stories (if anyone in Italy doesn't know
about them already, which I doubt), and the Italian versions of my comics
are always well colored and lettered since the Italians know more about
comics and how to produce them properly than any people on this planet.
Now I just hope I can get my hands on a copy or two so I can at least see
what it looks like... hopefully from Luca who always does me these great
favors.
(This comes to you from an airport lounge computer as I travel home from
the Raptus Comics Festival in Bergen, Norway.)