R.I.P., Romano Scarpa (1927-2005)

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 24 19:11:54 CEST 2005

I have just learned the sad news on a French forum ( http://fr.outducks.org/picsouman/forum/forum.php?f=0&view=673 ).
The message links to http://www.afnews.info/news.asp :
"The Great Italian Disney Master Romano Scarpa passed away today in the morning" (Sat, April 23, 2005)
This site in turns links to http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/ .

That is quite a loss. Scarpa definitely was one of  the major Disney comics authors / artists.
His stories were abundantly featured in the French Disney magazines I grew up with. I generally preferred his Duck stories, and his earlier graphic style, but that's really a matter of personal taste and doesn't lessen his great contribution to (European) Disney comics.

With all my sympathy to Mr Scarpa's family and friends,

Olivier