Bornworthy, Donald's dog.

Fabio Blanco longtom at oeste.com.ar
Thu Aug 18 01:47:24 CEST 2005

 I loved the Don Rosa's explanations about the (not) use of Bolivar (the
dog) in his stories.

>>Later name Bolivar?
>>You mean his original name Bolivar.

 you'll right, my mistake. Is because I think Bolivar is the better name of
these two.

>  Simon Bolivar was one of South America's greatest generals.  His
> victories
>  over the Spaniards won independence for Bolivia, Panama, Colombia,
>  Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela.  He is called El Liberator (The Liberator)
>  and the "George Washington of South America."

 Yeah, he was one the greatest heroes of America. José de San Martin was
maybe greatest, in heart and mind. Today, August 17th, is the memorial day
of San Martin, libertador of Argentina, Chile and Peru. He open the way to
Bolivar.
I find a little biography in English:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1848/martin.html

> I think South Americans considered it a frivolous use of the name
> "(Simon) Bolivar."

I don't know about all south americans, but I don't think so. I think we
feel very proud of have the name of another hero of the american revolution,
Francisco de Miranda, in the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Same when (north)
americans masons come to visit the tomb of San Martin, or are erected
monuments to his memory in France and Belgium.
We call dogs with names who talk about the virtues of these animals. I did
have a dog named Bechuana (like the african tribe); I have one named Daigoro
(like the Lone Wolf & Cub character), and another one, her name Catula.
I have no problem with a dog named Bolivar.

FABIO

bonvolu postu al longtom at oeste.com.ar
http://virusmental.blogspot.com