Bornworthy, Donald's dog.

Eric Chun ericchun at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:19:51 CEST 2005

>>If Don Rosa use or will use, I hope he uses the later name of Bolivar. I
>>liked most, everybody can guess why.

>Later name Bolivar?
>You mean his original name Bolivar.
>If I'm not mistaken, Barks had to change the name from Bolivar to
>Bornworthy because the publisher was afraid the use of the name
>Bolivar on a dog could offend readers in Latin America.

I think South Americans considered it a frivolous use of the name
"(Simon) Bolivar."

>From http://www.bolivarmo.com/history.htm:

  Simon Bolivar was one of South America's greatest generals.  His victories
  over the Spaniards won independence for Bolivia, Panama, Colombia,
  Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela.  He is called El Liberator (The Liberator)
  and the "George Washington of South America."

Best,

Eric