D D 2004-003 and some other new stories.

Olaf Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Thu Jun 2 12:38:35 CEST 2005

Hey Mateusz,

> What is the name of the artist who has so beautifully drawn the
> story D/D 2004-003? His (or her) style of drawing is suberb -
> very regerdful (like Rosa's) and at the same time the characters
> are very... I dont know how to say that... dynamic, I think.
> It looks like the artist does his drawings with great ease. I'm
> wainting for more!

I haven't seen the story yet, so I can't be sure it's the same story, but
I'm guessing the answer to your question is Norway's very own Arild
Midthun. I know for sure that his first story is written by Vainiomaki,
and it will be published in Scandinavia next week, so it's not very
unlikely it's the same story.

This is Arild's first Disney story, although he has been drawing almost
all the covers for the Scandinavian weeklies for the last nine months. His
line is clearly inspired by French-Belgian masters like Uderzo and
Franquin, and most comic readers in Norway knows his style, as he's one of
the best comicbook artists we have, and he's drawn practically everything
 from funny newspaper strips to historical biographies.

For comparition, a fandrawing Arild has made of Donald can be seen on the
bottom of this article:
http://www.raptus.no/profiler/Midthun_Arild.html

Olaf