Real-time discussions

Goofy313g at aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 11:34:56 CEST 2006

Well, I do agree with both sides!!!

Ole:
>>>Please don't.
Don't worry, I don't have the keys, here :-)

Daniel:
>>>It could be a way to get internetfora more connected internationally.

It sure would! Disney comics culture is not the same at all in every
countries, and is really considered childish in France for instance, so we don't have
any real equivalent to McDuck.nl, comicforum.de or Papersera ! And it strikes
me now that I think of it, that there's no English/international equivalent
either! Even though I myself kinda like the old-fashionned dcml, as you call it,
I still think it would be much more efficient with a better organization of
topics, better searchability, without using Google groups (thanks to Ole for
this tip!) which only somebody who knows it can use, and a better design (not a
complex or too modern one, but one that's more readable), and it would also
make it less elitist : isn't the point of those discussions to be shared?

Per:
>>>It's quite possible, but different forums work in different ways.
>>>Use whatever suits you best.

I would if I COULD!
I would actually use both, but I wonder if a new international Disney forum
would be complementary to eachoter, or would parasite eachother, and I really
wouldn't want to be involved in a project that would compete dcml (even though
I don't know if the term "compete is appropriate), And I don't like divisions,
Disney comics fans should be all connected, not divided, shouldn't they? :-)
The best would be something directly related to dcml (or COA? with a special
room for inducksers to discuss on the database itself without using e-mails?),
or even called the DCML Forum...
Another good idea would be to include it in a webportal reuniting each Disney
comics forum from each country, like those three very good forums we
mentionned...

>>>Impatience like that is rather out of
>>>place on a mailing list that most subscribers prefer to read in daily
>>>digests anyway.

I don't think this is impatience at all, I don't see any impatience in
wondering if there could be any solution to make dcml more appropriate, compared to
nowadays internet possibilities, which might benefit to everyone, and sharing
this point of view, and asking  everyone if they agree... Plus, how can you be
sure that "most subscribers prefer to read in daily digests anyway" if this
question is not frequently asked? I do like dcml because there's no other way
to discuss Disney comics internationally, that doesn't mean I don't think there
could be better solutions... If Daniel didn't pay attention to the list and
its subscribers, then he wouldn't be worried about its evolution and future, so
I don't think it is *out of place* at all !

Maybe the best solution would be a kind of flexible combination between a
list and a forum, which anyone could use as he pleases, as I really do agree on
both sides, but I have no idea if it's possible at all...

Could our webprogramers friends enlighten us??

Gilles R. Maurice