DCML Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5

kimba1962 at comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 7 01:19:46 CET 2006

I'll also cast a vote in favor of a third (at least) prestige title of the "Mickey and Donald" variety.  (I guess calling it "Mickey and Donald and Friends" is out, eh?)  And if a third prestige title is seriously considered, Gemstone might as well go all out and consider a FOURTH (to maintain a "one per week" release schedule, with "odd weeks out" being reserved for special releases such as the planned quarterlies).  This fourth prestige could be the "Treasures" title, limiting its repertoire to classic stories from America that have not seen print in many years.  What better place could there be, for example, to put some of the long Scarpa stories that had just begun to appear in the pockets on a semi-regular basis before the latter's untimely demise... and I wouldn't mind seeing additional installments in the "Uncle Scrooge's Treasure Chest" series there as well.

David, John, Gary, et al. deserve all sorts of credit for keeping this thing going... and even more to the point, they have shown that they're willing to listen to the fans.

Chris Barat

--
The Barat's Home Page -- watch for weekly updates!http://home.comcast.net/~kimba1962