Luciano Bottaro died today

Fluks, H.W. (Harry) harry.fluks at tno.nl
Mon Nov 27 15:46:39 CET 2006

Sad news indeed...

Olivier commented:
> I am (re)discovering "hey, this was by him!"

I had the same experience, nearly a decade ago.
Bottaro was one of the few Disney artists whom I knew before I knew the
work he made.
I met him on my first visit to the comic convention in Lucca, in 1997.
There I saw his drawing style (from the fan drawings he made), and I
recognised it from the very few stories I had read in Dutch pocket
books.
It was only after this event that I started reading more pocket books,
and learning more about the Italian artists.
Bottaro represents the *good* Italian stories that I had neglected for
decades.

I had made some photographs of the Lucca event, and sent them to Bottaro
by mail.
The next year, I went to Lucca again.
To my surprise, Bottaro recognised me and thanked me for the
photographs! And since then, he also sent me a Christmas card every
year.

I have always planned to return to Lucca (and surroundings) one day,
meeting the nice people there again.
Unfortunately, now I have one reason less to do so...

--Harry.
http://dd50.inducks.org/fotos/j1997/p97-03.html

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html