Boston Comic Book Store

Jason Gerstein rabidferret at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:08:22 CEST 2007

As a resident of the Boston area I can say that Newbury Comics is NOT a good
place for comics unfortunately, as much as the name would imply. It's
actually about 90% music, 9% assorted toys, and 1% comics, and typically
only the newest stuff. It's a chain actually and all over the area. A
slightly better bet is New England Comics, or NEC, which is the home of The
Tick:) They have stores in a few places in the area, but again, not a huge
back issue selection, and little Disney.

Unfortunately, I have never found any great Disney comic shops in the area,
though I don't know a lot about the small shops in the city itself, as I
live on the outskirts. Depending on how far you're willing to travel though,
there do seem to be quite a lot of comic shops within a half hour of the
city, so if you called around you might be able to find a good one. If you
were looking for older Disney stuff, had time to drive a distance, and
didn't mind a stuffy warehouse, Gary Dolgoff lives in western Massachusetts
and has an insane amount of comics from every publisher and era. It's a huge
warehouse that's just ALL back issues. He's by appointment only though, so
you'd need to get in contact with him, and it's probably about 2 hours from
Boston:(

Sorry I couldn't help more!
-j