Uncle Scrooge on Sale

UNDBKB at aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 13:10:54 CEST 2009

>From  various friends and family visits to Disneyland and Disney World it
appears  Disney has very little support for anything to do with the
characters  created by Carl Barks.

I have had numerous experiences in my search for Scrooge at Disney
facilities.
I still remember asking if they had any Uncle Scrooge merchandise at a
Disney Store,
The clerk said she didn't think Uncle Scrooge was a Disney Character.
The Disney stores eventually stopped carrying anything adults would want to
buy and just catered to little kids and the newest Movie stuffed toys.
Many Disney Store clerks offered me forms to send to the main offices and
voice my disgust for their lack of adult merchandise.
In Disney World I found one place that would stitch on any logo onto a  shirt
and they had a Scrooge emblem as one of the choices.
I don't think it is a total Disney lack of support, but by the  merchandising
people.
I do recall walking around the Disney Lot (A friend was an employee) and
seeing Carl Barks' hand prints in cement and they had him there as a Disney
Legend. Dave Smith at the archives would tell you all about Carl and Dave is
always shown with a drawing of himself and Donald Duck.
We need to educate the people making merchandise
 that we want more Scrooge related merchandise. They produce what  they sell!
I read recently about Walt Disney's first license agreement to make a  Mickey
Mouse Doll.
Walt asked the merchandiser how much he would charge Walt to make a Mickey
Doll,
The merchandiser said, "WE will pay you!" Walt replied, "That would  be
better!"

Barry
recession.