Inception, The Cell and Scrooge McDuck

Dave Rawson TheGuy at DRawson.Com
Sun Aug 8 20:18:23 CEST 2010

I could easily be wrong, but I believe the earliest record of this
idea relates to the Platonic "Cave" from which the dreamer must exit
in order to fully participate in life, the cave often used as a
metaphor for projected fears and imaginings that keep their originator
trapped within their own cloistered world of misapprehension.
Certainly the Christian New Testament is filled with parables
instructing its adherents that extension into the greater world and
engagement with it reaps greater worth than simply hiding or
sequestering because of fear of loss. And so on...