Barks Oil Painting Book

Frank Stajano frank.stajano at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 11:29:54 CET 2012

On 2012-11-01 14:28, Matt Yaklin wrote:
> On a related note I noticed ebay seller Preduction is creating some
> sort of registry book for Bark's oil paintings.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-BARKS-REGISTRY-AVAILBLE-IN-AUG-2012-AND-TAKING-UPDATES-/330738155192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0187beb8
>

> I guess if you can afford a Bark's painting for 25K and up spending 1000
> dollars to put it into a registry book is not a huge stretch.

In my opinion one would have to be pretty gullible to send that much
money to this cheeky scammer, or to believe that having one's painting
listed in that book somehow enhances or protects its value or
authenticity (spoken as a security professional who studies fraud...)

The "buy now for 250,000 USD" is particularly hilarious.

--

   Frank Stajano   http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~fms27/