Zodiac Stone questions

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Aug 28 13:30:35 CEST 2015

DAVID:

What a wealth of information about the production background of the story!

As this seems to be of interest to Greek readers, can I post a translation of
your reply to the Greek blog, to which I contribute?

> (...mumble... eggs instead of turkey...)

I assume this is the bit from the letter that I wrote to Gladstone way back
when, that you used in the translation of "Colossus of the Nile". Although I
was quoting from memory in that letter, what I'd written was surprisingly
accurate. Looking at the 1976 reprint, which most likely uses the same
translation as the 1966 edition, to which I was referring in my letter, the
only difference from what I'd written is that Scrooge was talking about turkey
in tomato sauce. This sounds like an Italian recipe (turkey cacciatore,
perhaps) so was that what Scarpa had written?

	Kriton.
-----
"What is your name, sir?"
"Dr. What."
"Dr. who, sir?"
"What!  Who is my uncle; I haven't seen him for ages!"
-----