VS: Topolino - Tuffolino

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:13:28 CET 2019

I know that fascist regime forbade all foreign - especially American - comics (books, movies etc as well). But I also know that the paper had editorial columns and reader's letters section. Therefore I wonder if there had had been something said about the suppression of American material and the change from Topolino into Tuffolino in those pages.
Nevertheless Topolino - Mickey - survived longer than any other American strip in Italian comic books and papers. Until feb 1942. Other American comics had dissappeared years before. Reason: Benito Mussolini's son Romano loved Mickey.

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist --
- Timo Ronkainen ----------------