THE CARL BARKS AUTOGRAPH EDITION

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Sun Nov 15 20:36:35 CET 1992

> THE CARL BARKS AUTOGRAPH EDITION
> A new "very limited release" Carl Barks Autograph Edition with
> "AN AUTOGRAPH IN INK SO LARGE YOU CAN SEE IT ACROSS THE ROOM."
> is about to be released. This edition will contain the following:
> 1, A Carl Barks autograph in "indelible permanent black ink" on acid
> free, pH buffered 100% rag, Rives BFK autograph paper from France
> (!)
> 2, An exclusive photograph of Carl Barks. The negative has been destroyed
> 3, A pristine mint copy of early Whitman classic Barks comics "Only a
> poor old man" under acid free Mylar.

If this is an original, then it had better be de-acidified.  You could
store a newspaper in Mylar, lock it in an argon gas vault, and it would
still decay.

If it is a special reprinting, then make sure the paper quality is very good.

> 4, A complete set of five 14" x 18" acid free, pH buffered mats
> This edition is extremely limited. 245 copies for US and 30 for
> Germany and Finland (?!?!)
> All this for only (?) about 200 $

A small point, but the "$" goes in front, even though it is pronounced
"two hundred dollars".  Your English is better than my... what do you
speak, Swedish?

> For more information contact
> Grandey & Morby Productions
> Box 82031