Ludwig married?

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Nov 14 16:24:16 CET 2002

For Sigvald: I disagree that Ludwig's relationship to the Duckburg Ducks MUST
have been through his "wife's family".  When people emigrate to faraway lands
that speak foreign languages, they often change their family names to fit the
new language of their adopted country. This often occurs in the very next
generation (i.e. children of the emigrants). This action was VERY, VERY common
with immigrants to U.S.A.  Most of the Ducks have been in U.S.A. for at least
two or more generations.  The Duck family could have come from Austria
originally; then moved to the British Empire (Scotland and England); then moved
to the British American colonies (Donald's Family). There were some stories
that showed Donald's forebears residing in Revolutionary times when U.S.A. was
formed.  Donald's ancestor who was seaman to Scrooge's ancestor (Matey McDuck)
was a British subject.

How did the Gypsies of Spain get Spanish names?  The Jews of Europe get German,
Polish and Spanish names? I have family who migrated from Holland to Canada,
and then Anglicised their last name (only one strange cousin-notice Klein was
not changed). The same from Lithuania to England, and then to Canada and U.S.A.

Therefore, Ludwig could easily have been related to the American Ducks through
his OWN family blood lines.

Rob Klein