The Center of the Earth

Nat Chrenshaw natchrenshaw at yahoo.se
Wed Mar 17 17:22:15 CET 2004

I just read (please correct me if I'm wrong...) a message posted a long time ago here on the board by Don, saying:

> I'm doing a story that I've had in my head ever since 1959 when I saw > "Journey to the Center of the Earth". I've done versions of this
> adventure with my own characters as long ago as 1960 (with worldwide > distribution being somewhat less than I enjoy currently -- in those days > it was distributed throughout my bedroom with a total readership of
> one). In fact I hafta go to the University of Louisville to do research --
> among other scientific problems I need to find sensible solutions to are > how the Ducks can travel through the molten outer core, withstand the > heat and (more significantly) the air pressure which should squash
> them to puree... and, also, why the #$&%* they want to be down
> there.

I'm sorry if I've missed some further messages about this subject, but did you ever continue on this great idea?

I was thinking... when the ducks get to the place (not getting into the subject of HOW...), how would you think the world meeting them would look like?
The general idea seems to be an ancient world (like Robert E. Howards 'Pellucidar', or Arthur C Doyles 'Lost World'), and that would be a kind of follow up to the Forbidden Valley. Not that it's really the same place becouse the Forbidden Valley isn't located in the very center of the earth, but could there be some kind of connection between them?

And by the way, congratulations to Don for a great performance of skill and mastery of art in the letter from home, the castles kind of "gloomy" enviroment puts a great feel to the story and the ending leaves you in a great mood.

Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor