DuckTales adaptations of Barks stories

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Aug 18 01:00:17 CEST 1992

Wilmer Rivers wrote the following in a letter to me:
| You write:
| > The terries and the fermies are in "Land Beneath the Ground" (US 13).
| > (Anyone remember how to tell a terry from a fermy?)
| You bet!  The difference between a bow tie and a four-in-hand is as
| important as the difference between P waves and S waves to us here at
| seismo.css.gov!  :)  :)  :)
|
| > I don't know if it's been adapted on DT.
| Although I don't know much about DT, I have in fact seen that episode.
| The adaptation was rather poor, I thought.
|
| Wilmer Rivers

I've found it now.  It had another name, that's why I didn't find it
before.  As far as I can see the Barks adaptations on DT are:

  # DT title			Barks title			Source
  6 Robot Robbers		The Giant Robot Robbers		US 58
  9 Hotel Strangeduck		*The Old Castle's Secret	DDOS 189
 10 The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan				US 14
 17 Maid of the Myth		*Mythtic Mystery		US 34
 18 Down and Out in Duckburg	The Horseradish Story		USOS 495
 24 Sweet Duck of Youth		That's No Fable			US 32
 25 Earth Quack			Land Beneath the Ground		US 13
 28 Micro Ducks from Outer Space				US 65
 29 Back to the Klondike					USOS 456
 31 Scrooge's Pet		The Lemming with the Locket	US 9
 36 Merit-Time Adventure	*Terror of the River		DDOS 108
 59 The Status Seekers						US 41
L77 The Unbreakable Bin		The Unsafe Safe			US 38
L85 The Golden Fleecing						US 12
L16 The Land of Tra-la-la					US 6

The # column shows the number of that episode, in the order they were
originally shown the first season.  Later episodes have an L-number,
which is the (arbitrary?) number assigned to the episode in Lucky's
episode list.

The Barks title column shows the title of the Barks story the episode
was an adaptation of, if it is different than the title of the DT
episode.  An asterisk (*) indicates that it really isn't an
adaptation, but that some elements are taken from that story.

My sources were the two lists I mentioned before: the one in The Barks
Collector #38, and the one by "Lucky" Steven Patrick Calica.  As Harry
Fluks mentioned there was a similar index in one of Gladstone's books.
Maybe someone with access to that could tell if I've missed something?

As for me, I think the only episode I've seen of those above is Tra
La La.  I'd prefer the original any day!
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"