Quote Quiz #3

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Apr 27 00:10:56 CEST 1993

Time for the third one of my Carl Barks quote quiz.

All you have to do is to identify the stories the following thirteen
quotes are from.  You don't have to know the official title of the
story, it's sufficient to describe the story so that I'm convinced that
you know what story it is.

Mail the answers to me (*not* the list) May 12 (GMT) or sooner and
you may win a virtual peanut if you have the highest score.  Every
correct answer will yield the inverse of the number of correct answers
for that quote.

Some of the quotes are supposed to be somewhat easy (if you have read
that story!), and some of them are supposed to be somewhat hard.
Don't hesitate to enter just because you only know one or two quotes,
the last time the mean number of correct answers among those who
answered was 4.5.

Note again that all quotes are from stories by Carl Barks:

 1. "Hmm! A *square* fire, a *round* fire, and a *hollow* fire!  Very
     interesting!  I'll report this to headquarters!"

 2. "Here's a book on `Removing Musty Smells From Dried Dodo
     Feathers'!  Read it and improve your minds!"

 3. "Ahem, gentlemen!  That window is *opaque* glass!"

 4. "Times are tough, huh, bud?"

 5. "*Americans!*  Stoke th' fiahs!  Head th'skillets!  We ain't had
     Americans fo' dinnah since 1868!"

 6. "Neighee wheenie whee neighee!  Yonk!  Yonk!"

 7. "My little Bob caught chills!"

 8. "Make it *four* tickets!  My nephews are kangaroos too!"

 9. "Allakazalla zillika zuck!  I think I see a *lucky* duck!"

10. "Ramjckwckwizc hits a single over Socrapossi's head!  The crowd
     goes wild!"

11. "I *want* that bauble!  I'll pay you all the rice I can grow for
     ten years!"

12. "Baby kills mother, shoots pa"

13. "Yes, it's plenty safe, boys!  There won't bee another fire *here*
     for a long, *long* time!"

Remember to send your answers to me, not to the list!
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Ta ta, boys!  I'll see you in the funny papers!"