I'm Ducking Out!

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Sun Dec 19 23:38:10 CET 1993

	Dear Folks,

	This is just a brief message to the effect that I'm heading
for the tall timber as of now, and will be returning to Williams
College in two weeks.  Please keep sending the Digests, Per... and as
for the rest of you, I'll look forward to chatting with you soon.

	***

	Don, I never said that MM comics sold as well as DD... Sue
Daigle once told me that they sold about 3/4 as well.  I was just
saying that if not for the heavy production costs, MM would have been
able to continue.  In the days of the "old" Gladstones it continued
even though it was a LOSING proposition, mainly because Gladstone had
SUCH success with everything else that they could afford to barely
recoup production costs with MM.  Also because Disney wanted Gladstone
to do a MM title, but really, Gladstone could have talked their way
out of it if they had wanted to (that's what I've been told, if I
remember right).

	***

	A Christmas greeting for all you Gentile readers will be
coming very shortly from this address, although not exactly from
"me"... >ahem!<

	Goodbye, folks, for awhile!  I'm looking forward to a mound of
Digests when I return!

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein

	"The only way to get ahead of Mickey Mouse is to *run* in
*front* of him!"
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>