A Christmas Greeting from Scrooge McDuck

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Sun Dec 19 23:49:02 CET 1993

					1 Killmotor Hill
					Duckburg, CL 93801
					December 19, 1993

	Dear "disney-comics" members,

	Your friend David wrote a disgracefully long letter to me
requesting that I "upload a scan" of a Christmas card with a picture
of my family on it to what he called your "ftp" site.  Well, I don't
have the first idea what he's talking about, but he can darned well
forget it!  Christmas cards cost real money, and the day I break down
and buy a computer will be the day I hand my fortune over to the
Beagle Boys!  Besides, in my opinion cards are only a symbol of
decadence, foolishness and greed!

	What is Christmas?  An excuse to wallow in commercialized
GREED!  That's nothing worth celebrating!  Do you know how many
birthdays I've been through?  When you've spent years digging nuggets
out of the Yukon and the gold fields of Kalgoorlie and the Rand,
hunting copper in Montana, and protecting the result from all manner
of churls, hooligans and scoundrels, the years blend into each other!
Christmas becomes just a day like any other!  And the prospect of
spending money to celebrate, when you spend all the rest of that time
protecting that money, is the mark of a hypocrite!

	Right now my foolish nephew Donald is probably loafing about
on his sofa at home, slurping his Gurgle-Urp and playing with his
nephews' presents while they do something constructive with their
time!  I bet he doesn't even think about where his next meal is coming
from, while I've already been by all the grocery shops and stocked up
on free samples before those shops CLOSED for the holiday!  Unlike
Donald, I'm always prepared!

	And that's why it's so inconceivable that your friend David,
rather than preparing for the future by using his head, is wasting his
time celebrating Christmas!  He's already spent 29 cents mailing
me that card request!  And now he not only assumes I've squandered my
money on a computer, but that I'll actually spend money on that Christmas
card as well!  As soon as I'm finished writing this, I'll call Donald
over here and have him deliver it to David for you!  What does he
think I am... a doggoned spendthrift?

	Tell your rattlebrained friend to save his money and put it in
the bank.  I own most of them.

					Sincerely,

					$crooge McDuck