Rosa mail

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Jul 20 15:58:08 CEST 1993

Don Rosa has sent two pieces of mail to me that evidently were meant
for the list.  Here they are:

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Date: 20 Jul 93 00:42:55 EDT
From: Don Rosa <72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM>
Subject: +Postage Due+Digest #58

	Yes, thanks to several people, I now have Harry's Clerk List on
hard copy. And I'm starting to remember not to hit the ENTER key when I
useta be s'posed to but now ain't.
	To Harry: Where was Miss Quackfaster named and why is she so
popular if Barks only used her twice. As you noted, she was only used in
the American UNCLE $CROOGE #36 & 39 (IF that's her in #36), and she was
only named in #39. As to why she is popular -- it's only because
somebody at Egmont or Oberon decided to start using her as $crooge's
one-and-only secretary many years back, so she became a fixture in the
European stories, and therefore NOW in American reprints. If it hadn't
been for Europe, she would be as obscure/unknown as all those other
Barks office clerks. It seems pretty obvious to me that Barks never
intended for there to be anything permanent in or about the bin building
except $crooge himself. The look and location of the bin and all its
contents and employees changed from story to story. I try to keep most
of it all very consistant since, unlike Barks, I know there are people
reading these stories carefully with an eye to detail and saving them to
reread again and check on accuracy.