Gladstone again

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu Mar 4 17:54:58 CET 1993

and Torsten Adair wrote:

> 	For all of you indexers out there, Gladstone will be using the
> numbering that ended when Disney started publishing.  It's kind of
> confusing, but look out for the numbers.

What about the paper quality and prices? Will Gladstone go back to the
old 'quality', or retain the excellent (and expensive) quality of the
Disney comics?

> 	The current WDC&S contains the second half of a Saludos Amigos
> storyline by Walt Kelly.  It also contains the second half of an unprinted
> Gottfredsen (sp?) strip that has been colored.

Gottfredson. The story is about an island in the sky.

> I have not read much of
> these strips, but have heard fans and experts rave about them, especially
> this storyline.

Yes, the experts are right: the old stories from about 1935 to 1940 are
very good indeed!

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                    ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam      (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"