Disney-comics digest #508.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 1 04:48:01 CET 1994

MARIA/PITA:
	Glad you like my approach. Of course, you realize that the way I
base my stories SO solidly on Barks even to the extent of relishing my
editors' request for sequels, the reason you say you like my stories, is
the very reason some other people absolutely DETEST my stories, and are
very personal in their resentment of it all. You can truly not please
everyone.
	You ask if I will ever have the Ducks revisit Tralla La. You
mean RErevisit Tralla La? You do know I had them revisit the valley in
"Return to Xanadu", right?
	The address for Gladstone is still the same as ever, so if you
have any Gladstones at all (as you imply) you have the address already.

EVERYONE:
	Who would like to help me add some in-joke clutter to my current
story? You recall my tales where the stories opened with a display of
treasures that $crooge has uncovered? Now I'm doing a story where he's
cleaning out an old storeroom which contains sorta the opposite -- junk
from past adventures. Stuff that has no particular value, but which the
old miser would still never toss out.
	What items from Barks tales can any of you think of that I might
put in this storeroom? I already have over 10 various items drawn into
the backgrounds, some from Barks classics and some from my own past
stories. (I don't feel that my stories should be added to the official
"canon", but I still really have no other option than to treat them that
way when I write within my own "universe".)