Donald's car

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at pteranodon.pt.hk-r.se
Mon Feb 28 19:45:21 CET 1994

Hi!

About the brand of Donald's car; a couple of years ago it was
concluded by one Swede and a group of Norwegians (of which I
believe Geir was a member?) independently of each other came
to the conclusion that Donald's car is an A-Ford Roadster.

Recently, a friend of mine came up with some new information
on the subject. In the January-February issue of "Classic
Motor Magasin" (a Swedish magazine about old cars) there is
an article about old Austins. It begins with a full-page
picture of an (almost) full-size cardboard Donald Duck beside
an old Austin that I (who knows absolutely nothing about cars)
must admit looks very much like the car he has in the comics.
The article is titled "Otursf|rf|ljd Kalle Anka-bil" which
very roughly translates to "Donald Duck-car followed by bad
luck". Below follows a quote from the article:

"Donald Duck, drawn by Carl Barks, made his debut in 1934 and
was soon given his well-known little car. Gess what was the
model?"

If anyone desperately wants a copy of the picture, I guess I
could scan it and send it through e-mail. I won't send it out
to the whole list, though.

Comments, anyone?

  /F