How can you tell?

Sigurdur Hrafn Gislason shg at rhi.hi.is
Wed Mar 2 13:22:25 CET 1994

I have been reading this forum for nearly 2 weeks (I think) and really like
the professional tone of your letters. My problem is that you keep discussing
various puplications and different artists and I lose track because I simply
don't know enough. Could you give me the following info?

Are stories written in various countries? Which countries are that,
who are the guys who do it and how can I tell between artists?
I really didn't know that Roger Rabbit was a Disney character. Does he
have his own comic?
Is there any difference between Europian Disney comics and the American ones?

I have read Donald Duck (translated Andres Ond in Icelandic) since I was
5 or 6, and have read nearly every issue since then (I'm born in '71) so
I don't want to consider myself ignorant but this information is not
included in the stories and I really want to know.

One other thing. I feel that the quality of Donald Duck Comics has improved
vastly over the last ten years or so. I mean really incredibly. They are
getting funnier and better written. Is this some policy change in the Disney
company or simply better artists?

Sig