Disney comics Databas: new version
fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Wed Jan 25 13:18:34 CET 1995
There is a new version of the Disney comics Database available from ftp
(ftp.lysator.liu.se, subdir pub/comics/disney/index).
The Database contains a lot of information about Disney stories, grouped
in several indexes:
- stories indexes: lists of stories per story code, for instance the AR-coded
(Gladstone) stories. These lists also have all known reprints of the
- indexes by creator: lists of stories and covers done by Barks, Rosa and
Van Horn. Again, including all known reprints (in the USA, Sweden and
- indexes by country: a Western index, a Gladstone/Disney index, a Swedish
index and a Dutch index.
The ultimate goal of the Database is to include all Disney comics stories
in the world...
Improvements in this version (amongst a lot of things):
- The Swedish index is expanded a lot, and a lot of Swedish titles have
been added. Thank to Anders Engwall!
- The Swedish titles are now in Latin-1. Thanks to Fredrik Ekman!
- A lot of credits have been added to the Western (Dell) stories, from
- The lists of Silly Symphonies and WDC are improved, thanks to David
- The Dutch index now also contains the complete Dutch Barks index (thanks
to Harry Fluks 8-)
- The layout of the output files has changed a bit.
- In the source programs section, a new program is added: 'diznichk'.
I use it to check the format of the 'original' database files.
The R:-title ("Ekman") problem has not been solved yet, that (and two
dozen other things) remains for one of the next versions...
I hope you can read the database files, find it useful and don't
hesitate to give comments or improvements!
More information about the DCML