Horsing around again

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Tue Jun 13 22:32:25 CEST 1995

HARRY:

> DANIEL, about Barks' story "Horsing Around with History":
>
> > The second illogical part is the one in which the ducks discover a
> > message. It's a *cryptical* S.O.S. What??
>
> This was a *normal* S.O.S. of course, thousands of years ago. The reason
> that it looks cryptical to the Ducks is that noone today knows exactly what
> the ancient language means (except the JW guide book...).

Oke, I admit, I didn't think of that. But even if that was a way to
send S.O.S.'s  in the past, why should Barks include it in his story?
It's only a lot of irritating delay (and someone here once said that
the theory with those stars isn't right). Barks could have omitted
this all by using something more simple, making the story "flow"
better...

What do you think?

--- Daniel