Unca Apostrophe

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Tue Apr 3 11:10:20 CEST 2001

Daniël:

> I've made a list of these stories, based on The Carl Barks
> Library reprints.

The CBL may not be a reliable source for this: an apostrophe is a small
thing and can easily be whited out in the retouching process.

There's at least one example where the CBL people made a mistake in
retouching the lettering of a story. As noted in an issue of (German) DER
DONALDIST, in the "flour" story W WDC 164-01. Quoting from memory, the
foreign text reads UMLX CYSK BCOUFSK GOO. The CBL version has one U changed
into an O or so, making it BCOOFSK (I'm not sure I'm quoting this
correctly).

So for absolute proof about UNCAs and UNCA's, you probably need to look at
the original printings...

--Harry.