Scrooge

Wouter Wouter at agroweb.nl
Sat Jan 20 15:59:08 CET 2001

> I have a few questions that again I was hoping somebody knew (if they were
> even ever answered). What happens to everyone after 1967 when Scrooge
dies.

The fact that Scrooge died in 1967 is a theory of Don Rosa, it's not
cosidered to be the truth for all animators. I myself like his theorys.
There's a lot about it at www.duckburg.dk, I believe.

> Do we ever know the future of any of the duck characters and who gets
Mcduck industries.

According to some Barks and Rosa-storys, the nephews inherite Scrooge's
fortune.

Also, if Scrooge and Goldie loved each other so much, then why
> did they leave each other?

I believe Scrooge was to busy making his career. I think he once intended to
ask her to marry him, but it all went wrong when he lost his sled; he
thought it was a sign; read Rosa-strory: "Last Sled to Dawson".
He also wasn't really convinced of her love, while he really did love her,
read Rosa-story: "Hearts of the Yukon" and "Something very special".

Also, how did Flimhear Glomgold and Scrooge  meet
> for the first time?  Besides the story where we first meet Glomgold in the
> second richest duck, do we ever hear of Flimheart again like in Scrooge's
> past or in another story?

They met before this story, according to Don Rosa, but Scrooge never knew it
was the same guy he met later on, because he didn't heard his name. This was
in "The Terror of the Transvaal" from "Live and Times of $crooge".
These are the answers, all according to Don Rosa, but I lik to believe his
theorys, they all come perfectly together with the story's of Carl Barks,
and he's the one who created Scrooge, so he is always right about him, I
believe.