Kriton: KOMIX #161

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Nov 2 20:27:41 CET 2001

Kriton:

> Here's what's in this month's issue of Komix:
>
> * Cover by Carl Barks, with the airbrush coloring used in a
> Dutch edition.
>   I have put a scan in http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis/pics/komix161.jpg

For the record: the airbrushing was done by Hilbert Bolland. Since the black
lines are removed, we (i.e. Inducks) regard this as a re-inking, in stead of
just colouring.

> * A three-page article with "The news of Komix". Among other items,
>   we learn that a street in Paris is going to be named after Rene
>   Gosciny. I wonder if Americans are going to honor their great story
>   teller in a similar fashion.

A street in either Disneyland (California) or Disneyworld (Florida) carries
the name "Barks & Nash". Nearby is a real statue of Cornelius Coot.
But that's not a "real" street, and it's only *half* named after Barks.

> * A two-page article titled "The first steps of a
> story-teller", subtitled
>   "Donald Munchh[a]usen...a forgotten script by Carl Barks".

What is this about? Knowing Komix, they probably copied an article from
somewhere else. But I don't remember the forgotten script...

> * Josep Tello Gonzales' "Pintoretto da Riscatto" (D 4471).
> [Despite what
> people say about Tello, I love the way he reproduces Murry's style.]

Hm... Tastes differ...

> Hank Porter's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".
> I have this story in a publication produced by Gladstone
> in 1987. Other than an old Gladstone back issues catalog, from
> which I had bought it, I haven't seen this album mentioned anywhere. I
> wonder if it is some kind of rarity. (No, it's not for sale!)

Well, at least the item *is* in Inducks. 8-)
(We call it SWSD 1; Kjell Croné is a proud owner of a copy.)

--Harry.