DCML digest #726

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Nov 6 13:40:03 CET 2001

> From: "Dim I Nticoudis" <dimadick at hotmail.com>
> So the story I mentioned earlier is the one called "Amelia e il sogno
> sfortunato" in the Inducks?This means it is from 1969 and it predates Don
> Rosa's "Of Ducks,and Times,and Destinies" giving her one explanation why
> British man's first coin is an American dime.Either Don has heard of
> it,there is mo mention of it published in the U.S.A,

I never heard of this story until you described it, and I certainly could
never have read it since the Italian stories have never been printed in
North America.

> But only the second one uses references from Barks' earlier
> "Invisible Intruder"(US 44) from 1963 where it is stated that Scrooge
still
> lived with his family when he earned his first money.

I do NOT make a reference to that story since it is not a Barks story -- he
only drew it from a script supplied to him. Where do you see me making a
reference to it? Simply because a young child is still living with his
family? Isn't that what you'd expect?
(I do use a scene from the story where Barks draws young $crooge shining
shoes with elastic suspenders. I figured that I would allow myself that
since it was part of the art which is what Barks supplied to the story. I
also decided to still use the image even though, on researching the fact, I
determined that elastic was not invented at the time of $crooge's youth.)
By the way, in case it is misnamed in the Inducks, my story was titled "Of
Ducks and Dimes and Destinies"... not "Of Ducks, Dimes and Destinies", and
not "Of Ducks, and Dimes, and Destinies". That's for us nutball indexers
who like their facts precise.