Scrooge and Paperinika

Armando Botto armando.botto at libero.it
Fri Nov 16 21:00:42 CET 2001

Dim wrote:
> Armando said recently that Scrooge was hateful in those old stories when
he used to swindle every other character.Realy hasn't anybody else enjoyed
it when Donald was signing contracts in which the small printed letters
actualy contained Scrooge's real terms?

I enjoyed it in many stories, as long as it remained a side-gag, adding
something to the story plot and to Scrooge's personality. I didn't like it
any longer when Scrooge became a plain villain.

> Scrooge was quite an inteligent guy even if he had low morality.Have you
ever heard about angelic businessmen?

Sure! Our Italian Prime Minister happens to be one - at least, that's what
he says ;-)
(sorry for the off-topic, but I couldn't resist...)

> As for Armando's opinion for Paperinika,he probably was a nine-yeasr old
than didn't like to see his heroe humiliation by a girl.

That's very likely. Paperinik had been Donald's (almost) only opportunity to
take his revenge against the Scrooge I've described above; seeing him
ridiculized by Paperinika was probably too much for a 9-year-old kid to bear
;-)

> Personaly I liked this version of Daisy.Instead of a
fashioned-crazed,overly-sweet Duck I'd like to see more of her as a
character that is going to fight in order to prove her point.And humiliating
a more experienced vigilante prooves her worth.I'd call it the begining of a
complicated relationship.And Paperinik's humilation is a result of his ego
more than his being incapable.(I use the second Paperinika story for