Yet More US Disney Comics News!

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Dec 19 08:23:49 CET 2002

> http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/2128.html

Wow! It would seem that this guy may actually pull it off and make a
success out of publishing Disney comics in the US!

One of the things that caught my eye was that they made sure that they
got the right to publish in various shapes and sizes (I wonder how much
blood was shed over this issue), which makes it possible to go to the
"Wall Marts of the world" and have them dictate the shape and size of
magazines. Sounds like an interesting approach.

Also note the item about Don's rate being $550 per page. Figure out how
many pages he produces each year, and you'll understand that Don is not
producing his stories for the money.

I also saw that Geppi has his eyes set on getting the Little Lulu
franchise, so that he can publish the stories in a more affordable format
than the old Little Lulu library.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"You mean the world's gonna end and you've forgotten about it?"
-----