Wicca and religions

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Aug 8 19:44:55 CEST 2003

Geo <geodiaz_79 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> "And fads like this wicca nonsense aren't going
>> to be popular for long..."
>
> You just insulted a Religion. I do not practice
> it myself but already one other DCML member
> posted that they did.&nbsp; I assume from your
> post that you were unaware of the fact that it
> is a Religion. Now you are.

AFAIK it's *not* a religion! I have heared a bit about it and it's more like
a cult, though a peaceful one.

Religions is something that is thought about in School. AFAIK the
schoolbooks will say that Wicca, the old Viking-belief (the belief in Odin,
Thor, etc.), the old greek an d roman beliefs (Tsevs, Jupiter, tec.) and old
"heathen" beliefs around the world is pseudo-religions, while Christianity,
the Mosaic (Jewish) comunity, Budhism, Hinduism and Islam is seen as real
religions.

Anyway I know that there are people here that has studied religion so
perhaps they can tell us more about this.

Sigvald