About the World Wide Witch & Miss Quackfaster

Rich Bellacera xephyr at cwnet.com
Sat Aug 9 07:07:28 CEST 2003

re: World Wide Witch

Having just "re-read" the story I think there are two things that should
be said on the subject:

1) Magica doesn't seem to appreciate the practioners of Wicca which she
seems to equate with white or good magic.

2) I'm curious why no one else said anything about it, but when Scrooge
shoves Donald into Quackfaster's office her name on the door is
"FLORENCE Quackfaster."   What's this???  I though her name is "EMILY
Quackfaster."  Is this intentional or a typo??? Imagine a woman
whose very name is synonymous with the word "type" (Miss Typefast)
having such a blatant typo on her door.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com

P.S.  I like the straightforwardness of Magda Marshbird's character.