character consistency

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed Aug 13 14:48:55 CEST 2003

>But why must there be consistency? I don't see a problem with having
>different "versions" of various characters, assuming it's not
>overdone, and there is a
>reason for such versions. (For instance, Peg Leg Pete becoming a >suburban car
>salesman in the "Goof Troop" cartoon.)

I couldn't agree with this more.  As long as the characters adhere to the basic character traits that they were assigned, it's okay to stray from the Barks (or Gottfredson in the case of mice) ways.  Some people may not personally like the stories that stray from those paths, but the odds are that the following story in the book *will* meet your expectations.

As soon as we assign strict continuity to Disney comics is when they become no better than the super hero books that clutter up the comic shops.

rodney.