Scarpa opinions

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Fri Aug 15 14:43:36 CEST 2003

Personally, I like *most* of Scarpa's duck art, and I like all of his mouse art that I've seen.  I like the elasticity and rubberiness of what he does, though I do think that his ducks in particular sometimes have odd expressions on their faces.  I'm especially fond of the way he draws the Beagle Boys.  Since Dane mentioned not being fond of the latest American printed Scarpa story, I may recommend Amundson's Talisman (DD279) which is one of my favorite non-Barks/Rosa/Van Horn stories (along with Verhagan's 'Footsteps of Jules Verne' which is as good as any Barks in my mind).  Anyhow, you may like that story better.

I also enjoy the Rota and Cavazanno art that I've seen, though I must admit a strong dislike for the Andold stories that Rota has worked on.  I find them *extremely* boring for some reason, though Rota's duck art is always very strong.

I'm hoping that Gemstone will see fit to give us some Scarpa Mouse stories soon (and any stories with Cavazanno art).

rodney.

PS---What exactly is a Barksist and a Donaldist.  I don't think I'm either, but I'd like to know.