Rights to sue

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Fri Aug 15 14:43:42 CEST 2003

Daniel:

> Imagine ANYONE sueing Egmont for stating that Scrooge and Grandma
> are siblings! That's just nonsense, and I'll tell you why:
>
> First,
> even lawyers have a life.
>
> Second,
> a court room is no funny farm.

And Third (and I know you know this, Daniel, but the point seems to be
escaping others),
Disney owns Scrooge and Grandma and all their stories outright and in
their entirety. No one else - and I mean no one else - personal or
corporate, has any legal standing, in court or anywhere in the universe
(and don't think I'm kidding here), over how they are or are not
handled.

It's fun to contemplate the what-if of Barks or Rosa or whoever suing
over such things, though, can't deny that. If only, if only…

Gary