Regarding Scarpa's Style...

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Mon Aug 18 00:34:49 CEST 2003

Danehog at aol.com wrote:

> Regarding Scarpa, what was the era in which he adopted a style that
> used lots of "lines" as shadows for all of the characters,
> particularly when shocked or generally excited. (I'm not sure of the
> technical term for this, or even a way of describing the effect
> accurately.) I remember reading a particular Scarpa story that
> featured this technique--which I thought was an excellent addition to
> an already-solid style--and another one that did not. The latter
> story just felt like there was something... missing, since I had seen
> his style, complete with the extra "line shadows," previously.
>
> (I would give you the story codes, but I don't have access to my
> comic book collection at the moment.)

Well, without any hints about the stories I really don't know what to say...
still, check this out:
http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~fms27/disney/scarpa/
It's a page by Frank Stajano (originally from this very ML, 8 years ago!)
about Scarpa's different styles. Maybe it can answer your question!

--
Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/